How to execute a pay per view contactless experience.
To use NFC for streaming, you will need a connected product such as a key fob or area tag with secure NFC capabilities such as a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, as well as a device that is compatible with NFC and can receive the streaming content, such as a smart speaker or a TV with an NFC-enabled remote.
Here are the general steps for using NFC for streaming:
- Make sure that both the sending and receiving devices are turned on and have NFC enabled.
- Place the sending device near the receiving device, making sure that they are within close proximity (usually no more than a few centimetres).
- Tap the smartphone or tablet against the connected product to establish an NFC connection.
- On the smartphone, open the app or service that you want to use for streaming, and select the content that you want to stream. We advise securing IP to protect against password and URL sharing.
- Insert payment link to process contactless payment with Apple Pay, Android Pay or card transaction.
- Once the payment is confirmed, the streaming should begin automatically.
Keep in mind that the exact steps may vary depending on the specific devices and apps that you are using. We work with media companies and service providers to make the experience as easy as possible.